sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Gomi, 2004 VW pumpe duse TDI, cruise control drifting out,

Customer Question

Hi Gomi, 2004 VW pumpe duse TDI, cruise control drifting out, and resume power with foot accerator.
It looks like you've help another in previous post. Currently I am on the move and will not return to VW until the weekend. I am just looking to setup a link so i can retreve your contact. JC
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cruise control works when set at desired speed. Eventually will lose speed with CC engaged but if I tap the accelerator it'll return to the set speed. This happens quite frequently on flat level highway and more often on uphill slopes. Engine has good reliable power. Fuel filter has been replaced. Considering the speed sensor, where may it be located?
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause cruise control issues. It sounds like you most likely have a failing servo or possibly poor vacuum to it.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is checking for fault codes. Have you checked for codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dash lights are clear. The check engine light is not illuminated. Is it still neccessary to check codes?

Yes, a cruise control issue doesn't affect emissions therefore it won't turn the engine light on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok what do you recommend to use ti scan? VAG-Com?

Yes, if you have a factory scan tool available that would be perfect. Otherwise at least a code reader should be used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I found a service provider to perform the Scan codes on my VW the next time i travel 300 kms to the city.
Can you get me in touch with Gomi at JustAnswers.com?

Your question was up for an extended time without a response, far greater than the site has deemed acceptable. He either is not currently active or passed over the question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am confused, I found the exact topic handled by gomi of which I was under the impression I had started my conversation with gomi.

I am the only expert that has posted to this question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok once I can scan for codes, ill let you know of the results.

Great!