vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

I have a 2008 Volkswagen Passat that was running when I

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Volkswagen Passat that was running when I parked it. I took it to someone to work on it because when driving at slower speeds it would try to overheat. It wasn't losing coolant because the overflow amount stays the same. When the guy working
on it tried to start it the next morning it wouldn't start. It tries to start but won't. He was told by someone that it was a security issue. I need help I have been without my car for a week now and need some answers as to what to do to reset the security.
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 2 years ago.

Good morning when he tries to start the car what exactly does he do start and I right away or does it just crank and not start?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It cranks but won't start, but it turns over so its not the battery.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can I please get an answer back
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I really need some help with this if you could please reply

Do you have fuel pressure going to the motor ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm really not sure but it sounds like its going to start and run, but when I release the key it just quits and everything was good when I drove it there and parked it. The guy working on it was told it was something to do with the security.

The next step is to check the timing belt and the fuel pressure