Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My passat cc was stopping while driving. Dealer checked it

Customer Question

my passat cc was stopping while driving. Dealer checked it and said it is fuel pump. Replaced low pressure fuel pump. Didn't solve the issue. The mechanic who changed the fuel pump replaced the control unit also. It is still having the same issue. While cold, it is going with a very harsh engine. When it's hot it is stopping while driving. problem not fixed. Dealer couldn't figure out. No check engine light.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Chris, Thanks for reply. Yes, I am still waiting for help.Ramesh

What year vehicle, what liter engine?

Has the fuel pressure been monitored though all of these events to verify its not low or dropping?

Are you doing the diag and repairs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is Passat CC 2 liter engine (V4 turbo). Dealer might have checked the pressure. As I mentioned in my mail, he suggested to replace the low pressure fuel pump. It has been replaced. Also the electronic control that goes on top of it is also replaced. Do you want to me to check the fuel pressure? I can do diagnostics and repairs (if easy)

I still need to know the year model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 2009 Passat CC, 2 liter, v4 turbo. Can you ask all your questions at one time

Sorry you missed that question on the 7th (What year vehicle, what liter engine? Has the fuel pressure been monitored though all of these events to verify its not low or dropping? Are you doing the diag and repairs?)

There is not a 2 liter in a 2009 Passat. Is this an American model?

Can I have the vin#?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WVWHL73C99E513918

Thanks, ***** ***** CC not a passat, that was the issue.

For the stalling concern monitoring the fuel pressure to check the pumps and modules is the next step.

Have you checked for stored trouble codes?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see any codes. Fuel pump has already been changed. I haven't checked the pressure. I thought dealer did it when he suggested to change the fuel pump. Do you want me to do it.

When I use your symptoms, checking the fuel pressure comes up a the first thing to check. So yes this needs to be done.