Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Experience:  Senior VW Master Tech 15 yrs
19871424

My parking brake is stuck I'm trying to find the fuse to

Customer Question

My parking brake is stuck I'm trying to find the fuse to disarmament I just needed to know which fuse to pull or how to get my parking brake to release
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail. Do not rate yet, just reply. Put yourself in my shoes, I can not see, smell, hear, feel or touch your car, nor do I know any history on it. So take into consideration I am doing my best based on what you tell me. Also understand fixing cars often requires sophisticated tools, that you may not own. So even if you can not do what is outlined in my answer, that does not mean my answer is wrong deserving to be rated negative.

The pulling of the fuses on the system will not release the ebrake . was there anything liquid spilled at the switch area? was the brake pushed when you tried to release the brakes by pressing the button ?

just trying to get all info thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Probably and so how do I get to switch out to clean it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

i would need a vin # ***** get the procedure for you to remove the shifter boot and the trim to get the switch out and use contact cleaner in the switch and compressed air to dry it out

you may get that to release and then order a new switch from the dealer to make sure it will not do this again!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wvgep9bp1dd011759
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this might be a weird question but by any chance are you out of Marana Arizona and did you use to be with the 1/285th with Monzingo. I heard Wolfgang used one other time is why
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Gearshift Mechanism Trim, Removing and Installing

Removing

l Place the selector lever in the “N” position.

l Open the storage compartment/ashtray unit.

– Turn off the ignition.

– Unclip the selector lever boot. Refer to first pic.

Second pic

– In the selector mechanism opening, grasp on the right side under the trim -1- and carefully unclip it -arrow A-.

– In the selector mechanism opening, grasp on the left side under the trim and carefully unclip it.

– Slide the trim slightly forward in the direction of travel -arrow B-, pull it out in an upward direction and disconnect the harness connectors.

no in the east coast. well now you have another Wolfgang that you heard of from the east coast.

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

So please rate me above!!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hello again !!

just checking if you still need any more help

if not..... please read below!!!

I try to be online 365 days a year.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT ! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

So please rate me above!!!!

Thanks

Wolfgang