VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2010 jetta tdi, desplays ESP error and will not start. Could

Customer Question
2010 jetta tdi, desplays ESP...
2010 jetta tdi, desplays ESP error and will not start. Could it be a poor battery connection? I do see some corrosion on battery terminal
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
don't forget about me,
often in 10 minutes"?
My question was simple, and it has been nearly 12 hours
8/15/2015
VW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
It is possible if the battery cables are corroded it could keep the engine from cranking, start first with having the battery tested and give the cables a good cleaning. The ESP light comes on when the system system sees a system fault and in most cases when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. If after cleaning the battery cable and the problem returns then the next steps is going to need to be to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are and those will need to be addressed. Let get the battery check first and the cable cleaned and see if that solves the issue.
should I assume no reply is your reply?
My reply is posted above and Have you done what I suggested?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician