VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I change a 2.5 gas engine on a VW jetta, and after done, i…

Customer Question
i change a 2.5 gas...
i change a 2.5 gas engine on a VW jetta, and after done, i tried to star the car but it didn"t stared. so i check the gas pressure, and it didn"t have,i check the power to the pump. and there is no power, and also i checked the power pulses to the injectors
and there is no power either.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Some coworkers tells me that it needs to relearn the PCM.
I don't know where to start.
I read on alldata it might be activated the theft sistem.
Answered in 6 days by:
8/19/2015
VW Mechanic: peterpete190, Technician replied 2 years ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The first thing that needs done is to check over the vehicle to see if this is caused by an issue with the engine install.In most cases this will be the cause with an electrical wire left loose or possibly damaged that causes this here.If you have already checked over the install and no issues were found let me know.
Thanks Pete
I double check all the wiring and there is a big ground that is attached to the transmission that I was suspected that can cause the problems.
But no..
Were any other connections found at fault at all?