VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

I have a 1999 VW Passat. The problem I am having can be best

Customer Question
described as "stall and go"...
I have a 1999 VW Passat. The problem I am having can be best described as "stall and go". Even though I have the gas pedal at a fixed position, the car accelerates per that position, then suddenly appears to stall, the accelerate again, then stall etc...
The message from the computer suggested to replace the Throttle Body - (W0133-1599276 VDO) which I have done, but it still behaves the same way. After reprogramming the computer, it seems to work (idle) well for a few minutes, after a few minutes it goes into the "stall and go" mode. Any suggestions?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
8/3/2015
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician

I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.

Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.

I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.

If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central.

Thanks Chris

What codes are you getting now after these repairs?

Can you monitor the fuel pressure?

Can you clean the air fuel sensor?

You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician