Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw/ audi specialist
84635724

My daughter ran her 2012 VW jetta up on a median and now

Customer Question

My daughter ran her 2012 VW jetta up on a median and now something is leaking and it will not move forward or backward. No check engine light is on, car starts, ac runs, etc
Category: VW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Kevin where abouts is leak coming from?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't know. She said she ran it up about 2 feet onto the median. Happened in New Orleans a few hours ago. Tires are not damaged body is not damaged so I'm assuming she "high centered" it.
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Is car auto?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it is automatic
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Ok from the symptoms of no drive and leak my guess it either the auto box cooler has breached or the gearbox has been damaged causing a leak I would recommend not running car at all and get it trailered to garage for inspection as if car isn't run it's unlikely further damage will be caused and just the leak will need to be fixed and gearbox refilled
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do you know a reputable repair shop for vw in New Orleans
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
I can't advise as I'm in the uk
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it possible that it just needs fluid and has not damaged the transmission?
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
If car hasn't been driven yes it's likely just fluid replacement after leak has been fixed would solve problem
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this loss of fluid would keep the car from moving, rendering the transmission inoperable?
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry for delay yes ax acutely this the clutches and gears in the auto box a fluid pressure controlled if there is no fluid there's no pressure
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Are there hoses that go to this gear box or cooler thing that could have come off?
Expert:  Kevin replied 2 years ago.
Hard metal pipes with hoses part way the cooler is basically another radiator at the front of car