Martin, auto electrical
Experience:  South African Trade Diploma in Auto Electrical
47606789

We have a 2011 TDI Golf Great car! ( Seriously)My daughter

Customer Question

We have a 2011 TDI Golf Great car! ( Seriously)My daughter has had the engine light come on repeatedly and every time nothing is wrong and they reset it and then 10,000 miles it comes back on and again same deal. Just had engine light come on again and the car is running great I need to drive another 1000 miles can it wait to be looked at ? I just had the oil change and 80000 mile check up and everything was ok as well.
Category: VW
Expert:  Martin replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Welcome to Just Answer.The engine light stand for a exhaust fault, meaning that the catalizor might be clogged or there might be a fuel emission fault causing momentarily over fueling. That might be the reason there will be now fault codes stored. You should be ok if you have the car reset to do the driving.This should answer your question but if you need more information do not hesitate to ask.Greetings,Martin.