vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen: Vw 2010 cc 2.0L will crank but engine won't turn

Customer Question

Vw 2010 cc 2.0L will crank but engine won't turn over and car won't start. Replaced fule pump and control module and it looks like it's not getting powers to the pump.
Category: VW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The dash oil pressure low light comes on as well and I scanned my car with odb2 code is p0301 cinder 1 miss and p2293 fule pressure regulator. I was on the high way and my car lost power and cut off. It hasn't started back up yet
Expert:  gomi_otaku replied 2 years ago.
The fuel pressure regulator is part of the high pressure pump at the head. THe oil light will always come on when cranking if the engine does not start, that is not an issue. You will need to check to see if you have fuel pressure up to the high pressure pump at the head.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please explain more. What are the next steps to DIY. How do I check if I have "fule pressure up to the high pressure pump at the head "... Is this under the hood? I have already changed the fule pump and fule filter and fule pump control module. My fule pump is not getting power at all and its new. Could the fule pressure regulator be causing this ? Thank you for ur quick response
How are you checking for power at the fuel pump? The pump module regulates the pump via pulse width modulation, not a simple 12v on or off. So you would need to check for power with a scope.If you disconnect the fuel line at the head (under the hood, the head is the upper half of the engine) before the high pressure pump, and run it into a glass jar, you can turn the key on and see if you have fuel coming out. You can also tie a fuel pressure gauge into the system at this point.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fule pump is new. And I had 2 people place there ear next to the pump and I turned the car into the one and the pump was quite. Shouldn't the pump at least make a small noise ? Thank you for ur quickness
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So if no fule comes out then what is the problem the new fule pump?
Check to make sure you have power supply to the fuel module on top of that access cover, and good ground. Often when these modules fail, they MELT and may damage the connector as well, or blow the fuse.
Let me know if you have 28 or 52 fuses in the fuse box under the hood (high or low e-box)