chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen Beetle 2.5: drove my 99 vw beetle to work stop at

Customer Question

drove my 99 vw beetle to work stop at store came out to start it and it didnt want to start i tuned the key off and back on then it started but back fired, now it won't idle and my brakes are hard
Category: VW
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.
if it is barely running and the brakes are hard you have a broken vacuum hose to the brake booster causing a big vacuum leak and not getting vacuum to the brake booster that gives you power brakes, the booster is mounted to the firewall on the driver side there is a hose that goes to it check that hose
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I didn't even get to view the answer and you already harged me.
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry. I do not have anything to do with billing. I only answer the questions that are posted. Did you check the brake booster hose?