VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2006 vw passat B6 Gear 2 incorrect ratio, car gear is all light…

Customer Question
2006 vw passat B6 Gear...
2006 vw passat B6 Gear 2 incorrect ratio, car gear is all light up P123456 and wont shift from 2nd gear and Parking brake light keeps showing up when gear is hot which will slow down the movement of the car
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/2/2015
VW Mechanic: Billy, Trainer/Master tech. replied 3 years ago
Billy
Billy, Trainer/Master tech.
Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.
Did you check for any fault codes (using a scan tool)?
yes and the fault code was P0732-003 incorrect ratio
Which engine do you have on this?
and which transmission (the 6 speed auto transmission, or the 6 speed auto transmission with dual clutch)?
2.0T FSI 6 speed auto transmission gear code 09A
Hello again,
I would first check the signals of the transmission input and output rpm sensors, as any discrepencies would cause an incorrect gear ratio code.
I would also check the fluid for any burnt smell, or small shreds, indicating that you have low pressure, causing a real incorrect ratio.
If all these don't show the problem, then i would next check the wiring from the TCM to the valve body, and remove the valve body, and check the solenoids on it.
Kindly get back to me with your findings, so we proeceed accordingly.
Regards,
Billy