VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5: my radio not working this morning,, vw…

Customer Question
my radio not working this...
my radio not working this morning,,
vw jetta 2011
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
6/25/2015
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
Hello there I'm Wolfgang here to help. your radio is a touch screen radio with 3 buttons on each side of the screen?please let me know
yes
what happens is that the capacitor inside the radio itself has leaked out and shorted causing the radio to be inoperative. the only repair is to either have the radio sent out for repair , exchange radio from the dealer, or purchase same radio from outside source. the heat of the radio causes it to fail due to the enhanced electronics of the touch screen.
no knowledge.
it good yesterday.
this morning just on turn on or light or sound..just dead..i think need new one
I can't waiting here after 10 more minu,,have go out,,
please email me what I can do replace one from radio shop?
or best way from you,,***@******.***
i cannot email you due to site regulations . if you can post your vin # ***** the vehicle so i can get the correct part # ***** the radio and options of the best and cheapest way to get your tunes back going in your vehicle thanks