VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Volkswagen Jetta 2.5: once my 06 jetta 2.5 heat soaks after

Customer Question
once my 06 jetta 2.5...
once my 06 jetta 2.5 heat soaks after driving for ahwile it cuts out and then comes back on along with sitting at a red light when i go to take off it bucks and when its been hot for ahwile sometime you cant even get going but it always starts right up also no codes at all and when it cools down it will always fire up and run good. Crank sensor flaking out??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
iv also checked for vacuum leaks and found nothing. What boggles my mind is the fact that it wont throw a code with as bad as it runs when it heat soaks.....
also my number is(###) ###-####
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2015
VW Mechanic: Wolfgang, VW Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, VW Master Technician
i can assist but due to site regulations that is an additional service that you will have to approve in order to assist.
i dont want to pay the addition fee's. so let just do it over the net
ok does the epc light come on when it acts up?what brand scan tool are you using?
it does not no lights no codes. also iv noticed as this is a customers car, it doesnt have as much power as it should threw the rpms and also apears to be running rich. my scan tool is a basic canob2 scanner which does do live data stream
it is documented that not all scan tools will not read manufacturer specific fault codes . VAG COM is the scan tool of choice. what happens if you pinch off the canister purge valve hose ? does it run better?
i will test that in a bit.in this vehicle can a faulty canister or purge valve cause the engine to cut off and on when it gets hot? the electrical issue is definitely the big issue
fumes from the fuel can make it stall!!!
it can because it sucks the fumes then if there is no more fumes then it acts like a vacuum leak and will surge and can make a stall at times.
excellent just to ensure i test it properly where is that hose located? back of intake or near throttle body?
if you take the engine cover off you will see a valve on the lower passenger side on top of the intake . pinch that hose and see if there is any difference
seems to have done it! testing it again in the morning and order'd a new purge valve however do you have the voltage or ohms so i can test the sensor and the power supply to the purge valve? just to make sure its the valve
the issue of the valve is mechanical only not electrical so testing the valve electrically is not needed. the valve sticks open causing what i have explained earlier.
well alittle update pinching that line made it run better it seemed and i couldnt get it to act up after driving it for an hour which made me believe that was it. However after replacing the valve and returning it back to the customer i just got a call saying its not fixed and she had to wait 3 hours for it to cool down to get the car home. Any other idea's? at first i though it was a wiggy cps but the epc light doesnt flash and car has no codes and or engine light
let me ask you this ask the person when the vehicle stalls and you try to start the car but it will not even crank and only the drl light is on ... please let me know
everytime the car dies it starts right back up no problem but as soon as you try to go it cuts out for a second or 2 literally acts like all 5 coilpacks shut off and turn back on and or injectors
is a 5 speed Manuel by the way
ok did you scan all modules to see if there were any faults? what scan tool brand are you using?
innova obd2 with live data stream cant afford a vw scan tool so i have to use what i have however i find it hard to believe that the car could run this bad and not flag a mil light. I'm wondering where the common wireing issue's were on this car and or any other guesses you have as i flying out of town tomorrow for 2 weeks and would like to get this resolved. Everyone i see on forums that have had this exact issue/ same discription of what the car was doing to a T, said it was a crank sensor or wireing however the ebc light would flash and this one doesnt.
There is no common wiring issue. that is why a full car scan is necessary and it is documented that code readers will not read manufacturer specific codes. i have a feeling that you have one of these codes.
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced