VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen Cabrio: 2001 cabrio automatic reverse gear slippage…

Customer Question
2001 cabrio automatic reverse gear...
2001 cabrio automatic reverse gear slippage enages when rpms are 2500-3000. Can the bands be adjusted or what do you recommend.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/24/2015
VW Mechanic: internal88, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic
Hello, I'm Brandon. Unfortunately the reverse gear cannot be adjusted. Typically the it is cheaper to replace the transmission then replace only the band. It could also be a defective valve body. At this time the only economic fix is to replaced it with a rebuilt transmission.
The cost and labor is about $1800.
Let me know if you have further question. If you are happy with my prompt service please give me a good rating. THank you.
internal88
internal88
internal88, VW Mechanic