VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen Beetle: I think I have an air flow problem (sensor)

Customer Question
I think I have an...
I think I have an air flow problem (sensor) that makes my check engine light
go on and off but now remains on. Also, my question is, is this connected
with gas flow because now I am having starting problems. I am just getting
along barely by being very light and sensitive on the gas pedal when turning
the ignition on. It's very touchy. I appreciate any explanation of what
needs to be checked out or done, as my dealer I don't think can be trusted.
It's a 2003 Beetle with 149,000 miles on it and has been doing very well
with all the right regular upkeep being done. But dealer probably wants to
sell me a new car. I don't want a new car. Thank you in advance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: VW
6/23/2015
VW Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
The check engine light come on when the computer sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code. In order to determine what is failing the place to start is to the the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. Most part stores such as Auto Zone will run a code scan for you at no charge. If you can get me the actual fault code and or codes I can direct you in what is failing and needs replaced. Post back with the codes and we can work from there.