VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Volkswagen Golf 2.0l tdi: Fault code p2563 replaced the actuator,

Customer Question
Fault code p2563 replaced the...
Fault code p2563 replaced the actuator, but fault still comes up when slowing down
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
6/21/2015
VW Mechanic: Kevin, VW Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic
Hi I'm Kevin you say you have checked wiring was this visually or with multimeter? Was arm on turbo free from stop to stop when you replaced actuator
I didn't replace the actuator the garage did and I fluked out the wiring and all seems fine, if double checked the vacum on the actuator and it's working there are no break or leaks that I can find on the piping, the glow plug warning light comes on when I am slowing down or the car is left in idle for long periods of time, there is no loss of performance with the car it run fine
The most common cause is the turbo itself on your car you have a variable geometry turbo fitted which has guides fitted inside turbo which restrict and open to allow airflow into turbo allow boost . As the turbos age these guides get congested with carbon deposited from exhaust gasses this restricts movement of these guides restricting the boost from turbo. The car very quickly picks up on the fact that the position it expects turbo to be and the boost given is as expected and gives the fault code you have it's quite unusual for actuator itself to fail it is normally this restricted movement that causes this problem . Turbo overhaul or replacement will cure
The turbo was only replaced three years ago
I would have the actuator arm on turbo checked for free movement if it was 3 years ago there are products available to clean internal parts
Kevin
Kevin
Kevin, VW Mechanic