vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen 2007 Eos: Just purchased an 07 EOS with 93K miles.

Customer Question

Just purchased an 07 EOS with 93K miles. everything working fine until just recently, when raising top to closed position, it doesn't complete the cycle by raising the windows and instead leaves a convertible top icon warning light flashing on the dashboard. Top is firmly latched however, car is driveable but trunk lid cannot be opened because it still thinks it's in closing mode. Have noticed that somehow water has gotten into the trunk, enough to soak the foam rubber housing around the pump motor assembly.
Category: VW
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Wolfgang here to help. is the sunroof glass closed? and you lift the rear glass on each side or is it locked down?better can you take a pic of the position of the top right now please let me know .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I couldn't get back earlier. Was not at my computer when you replied and have only now returned to my home. Here's how things look: Top functions properly when opening CSC roof and folding back into trunk. At end of cycle, windows raise up as per program and CSC light on dash goes out. No problem up to here. However, when closing up roof after a drive with the top own, cycle proceeds as designed up to the point where the top latches into position against the windshield frame. After the trunk lid closes, however, with the top fully up, the cycle does not complete and the system does not release the latch on the trunk lid so that it can be opened as a normal trunk. CSC light on dash starts flashing and never goes out. Windows do not raise. It is also clear that, although the top appears to be fully up, it has not been brought back down tight against the trunk. Problem with this is that rain gets into the trunk at the base of the top. As I have experimented with this a bit, the problem appears to be somewhat sporadic. By disconnecting the battery, it seems that I can get the system to reset/reboot and "forget" that it didn't complete the closing cycle. Then, after I lower the top fully and then re-raise the top to fully closed position, it occasionally will complete the cycle all the way to the end with the windows raised as if nothing was wrong. This works only occasionally, maybe once in four times.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The only thing I can think of is that perhaps the fluid level in the hydraulic pump is low. Looking at the pump through the somewhat translucent part, fluid seems to be 2/3rds to 3/4 full. It is clear that all the mechanical and hydraulic components do in fact work though not consistently. The hydraulic pump seems to work OK. Battery is fully charged.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Don't have much history with this car as we've just recently acquired it with 95K miles. Except for the glitch with the CSC top, the car is in generally excellent condition.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 years ago.
do you have vag com to scan the convertible top module to see what faults are stored?if so please scan and let me know what faults are stored