VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2001 used vw beetle. The air conditioning does not…

Customer Question
I have a 2001 used...
I have a 2001 used vw beetle. The air conditioning does not work all the time. Yesterday it stopped working while I was driving. Also the car hops or jumps when I am driving, is the problem with the clutch or the gear I have it in. The engine reves and
slows way down if I down shift. Do I have the car in the wrong gear? Thanks Sue Peters***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: VW
6/20/2015
VW Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician replied 3 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), VW Technician
I am sorry for the delay in getting a response to you. Sometimes we get alot of customers and just can not keep up. Sometimes you just have to wait for the correct tech to login.Do you even still need help. Sometimes customers seek help elsewhere or figure it out on their own before we get to each and everyone.I am sure I can help a lot or a little at least something if you give me a chance and work with me. I am going to get an answer to you regardless if you reply or not sooner or later.If your concern is urgent reply and let me know and if you have anything more you think will help me, to help you, let me know. I work on here normally 3pm-3am central. Thanks Chris
We are only permitted by the website to help customers with one concern per post. I will address the first mentioned AC issue. Odds are its got a leak and its out of Freon, have you tried adding Freon to see if it works? You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.Thanks Chris