VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2010 vw routan ..weird electrical problem .. dash lights

Customer Question
stay on when running... any...
2010 vw routan ..weird electrical problem .. dash lights stay on when running... any ideas? wipers would just wipe randomly ..thks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: VW
6/9/2015
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 2 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
You are dropping a system in the can bus system which faults do you have in the system ?
gas gauge doesn't move and yellow gas light is on.. replaced fuel pump unit, still no movement from gauge. putting back original pump. Have tank down. Any test i could do while wiring is exposed? 3 possibility now right? short in wiring? module? or instrument cluster ? code i have is p0463 fuel level sensor 1 circuit high ... Any help would be greatly appreciated
have a decent scanner with oem capability if that helps
You stated 2 different issues here your original
Question stated about wipers and dash light staying on and now you have stated something about the fuel system .
I have submitted a offer for me to give you a call on the issue of you would like to solve the issue faster please accept the offer I can call you directly at a phone # ***** provide me then it's easier this way
ok
cost is 10 $?
even if u have unlimited question membership?
sorry that's my main concern the fuel issue
Let me ask you this all this happen at the same time especially the wiper issue ?
not really.. changed the battery because old one wasn't holding voltage.. thats when wiper acted funny when voltage was low. My main concern is the fuel level gauge not working... I might have an other body control module from an other car.. Where is it located?
Its called the TIPM module located under the fuse box under the hood .
Thank u
When you replace the fuel pump did you also replace the sending unit ?
Yes it's one piece
It was a Delphi pump. Not oem
Have you checked the wiring from the sending unit to the cluster ?
vwnewton
vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced