chris
chris, Expert VW technician
Experience:  Almost 10 years experiance, top technician western region, Team leader
31662608

Volkswagen 2.5L: My exhaust malfunction light has been on and

Customer Question

My exhaust malfunction light has been on and blinking orange with misfire codes. I've had all coil packs replaced twice and the MAF replaced and the exhaust light came back on again within a month. Had cylinders 2&4 replaced last wk and the light is on again. What is the common problem or causing this so it can be fixed?
Category: VW
Expert:  chris replied 2 years ago.
possibly the fuel injectors if the coils are new, you can swap the injectors to different cylinders and see if the misfire moves, if its not the injectors you need to start looking at mechanical issues such as valves and valve springs, a compression test and cylinder leak down test would be needed