vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

I have a 2013 VW GTI 2.0L Turbocharged car. With your normal

Customer Question

I have a 2013 VW GTI 2.0L Turbocharged car. With your normal upgrades. The car started running, started but loss of power. I took it to the place where they did upgrades and have been servicing car. They did an oil change around 50,000 miles. they told
me the car was 3 1/2 quarts low on oil. the car mileage is now at 64,000 miles. ? Shouldn't the low oil warning lite come on or low oil pressure? The owner says I lost all that oil because of mileage and that it makes it way out through the turbo. ? Is this
possible? I never heard of a car losing that much oil. Oh he also said this car doesn't have the warnings. Maybe you can shed some light.
Category: VW
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** do not have a low oil level warning, just low oil pressure, it probably did not get low enough to set the low oil pressure light, how many miles did you go since the oil was changed?