vwnewton
vwnewton, VW Owner,ASE Master and L1 Advanced
Experience:  25 years of VW obsession turned into a job, last 15 years as a VW Tech.
13710235

Volkswagen Passat: , I have a 2001 Passat tdi auto. The

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Passat tdi auto. The car vibrates terribly at the front when accelerating under load, the more I press the accelerator the more it vibrates. Also when I stop if I leave it in drive and my foot on the brake it also vibrates but stops when put in neutral.
Category: VW
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hello...welcome and thank you for using justanswer.First thing to check is the transmission and engine mounts ,vibration at idle is most likely a bad /broken mount.Under a load ,the most common problem are the axle shafts.Let me know.Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The drive shafts? I have been advised that the inner cv joints could be the cause of vibration when accelerating. The engine mounts and gearbox mounts are all good
Expert:  I. Silva replied 2 years ago.
Hi there... i am sorry for the long wait.Yes, the cv joints are most likely the problem under a load.I recommend to replace the complete axle once the cv joints ,inner and outer are very common to go bad,replacing the axle would save you money on labor on the very near future. Good luck.Let me know.Thank you very much.