eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase certified tech
6149662

Volkswagen Vw passat: My 1999 Vw battery went bad so I replaced

My 1999 Vw battery went bad so I replaced it. When I was driving the car Inoticed all the shifting options on the dash are all lite up. I found a blown fuse and replaced it and my car still wont come out of Aux mode or safe mood? Does computer need reset or will it come out of safe mode on it's own. I already tried disconnecting battery and hooking it back up.

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. try this reset procedure

reset the computers by
.....(a) Turning OFF ignition

.....(b) turn ON the ignition but NOT starting the
engine
.....(c) depress the accelerator for ~5 seconds & LET OFF
.....(d) turn OFF the
ignition
.....(e) turn on ignition, start up
and drive

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not by the car now. Is this normal after you change battery?

it needs to relearn. a memory save should be hooked up when changing a battery to keep power to all the modules and computers

eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: ase certified tech
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This did not reset it, so I disconnected the computer and it will not restart now. Is there an in line fuse from the starter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I disconnedted the computer and now car will not start.First the car went into safe mode after I replaced the battery! Guy on here told me to try reset it using the gas pedal that didn't work! So I disconnect the battery amd now wont start
what do you mean you disconnected the computer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not sure if it was computer, because there are two boxes on drivers side floor. I disconnected the connctions inside plastic box closest to to the door. Is there an inline fuse from the starter?

did you plug them back in?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes

and is the car powering up?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Everything comes on but when I go to start it there is nothing.

so you uplugged the comfort module under the driver carpet was there any corrosion?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No everything loooked good

after trying to start the car, see if there is a symbol of a car with a key in the center of it on the dash.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I did see that once.

does the starter click or anything? is the battery fully charged?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No click at all and I just put a brand new battery in it.

do the doors work w the remote key?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My remote keys have not worked since I have owned it.

leave the key in the on position to see if the security symbol is on or off.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will but at work all night, not by the car. There is also an orange dio done by the fuse box. Is there an fuse inside the dio? If the security smbol is on what do I do?

If the vehicle won't start she probably has a faulty door latch. Short of replacing said broken latch you can open the trunk with the key and leave it open, then start the car while the trunk is still open. If this doesn't work the only thing you can do is figure out which latch is broken (likely the drivers) by opening the doors one by one and seeing if the dome light turns on for each door and you replace the latch that isn't working.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully trying the trunck trick will work because the interior lights have never worked ether.

sounds like a electrical nightmare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Never had any major problems with it other than this, car has all ways ran fine.

let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Car would not start!

Are you sure the battery has a full charge?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes and I even tryed jumping it with my wifes van today

this is a four cylinder or 6?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Four

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

four

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

anymore ideas????

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Do me a favor and check fuse # 14 on the fuse box on the drivers side part if the dash you will have access to the fuse box with the drivers door open male sure this fuse is not blown . I hope this helps .
Is this fuse blown ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No the last guy already had me check that.It seems to be the comfort control because sun roof won't open ether but none of this started before I put a new battery in? I took out the 185 relay and tried just direact wire, a forum on line said to try this and this didn't work ether. Tried starting with trunck open and that didn't work. It seems like the Ant-security has the car lock?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

.It seems to be the comfort control because sun roof won't open ether but none of this started before I put a new battery in? I took out the 185 relay and tried just direact wire, a forum on line said to try this and this didn't work ether. Tried starting with trunck open and that didn't work. It seems like the Ant-security has the car lock?

Do you have a capable scan tool to see if the module responds ??
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't I'm going to see if a guy in town can. Of course the nearest dealer is 35 miles away to tow it to.

Ok no problem