VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

replaced my 1.8 motor in 2001 vw Passat.When I throttle up

the no oil stop engine...
replaced my 1.8 motor in 2001 vw Passat.When I throttle up the no oil stop engine lights come on.changed sensor from original motor same problem
9/14/2013
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Have you checked oil pressure yet ?

yes 18-20 lbs. when we throttle up pressure seems to drop a few lbs.

Is the engine you put inn the same exact engine code as the original ?

same year and spec motor. not sure about engine code. would I have to but in a new code?

Provide me the vehicles vin # XXXXX check specs but that seems too low too me for oil pressure ?

#wvweh63b01e033616

wvweh63b01eo33616

You have a 6 cylinder not a 4 cylinder like you listed correct ?

yes its a 6 cyl

Ok check oil pressure engine hot at 2000rom and report findings back please

18-20lbs

You mean psi correct ?

yes psi

yes psi

I removed the oil pan and checked screen on pick-up tube. but did not flush screen.

Was the oil pick up clogged the pressure is too low

didn't flush but seemed clean

What was the originals engine issue why was it replaced?

timimg belt broke engine trash

Ok your going to make sure the oil pressure switch wiring is all good trace it back to the cluster if that checks out then you will have to follow the low oil pressure readings you have and clean out the oil pump pick up tube and screen if it still stays the same a oil pump will be needed I hope this helps positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician