VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

Volkswagen Golf: i need to find out the radio code for my vw

i need to find out...
i need to find out the radio code for my vw Golf tdi. VIN number 9bwgp61j734009298 and also the coding for my comfort control module
9/10/2013
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

The comfort module is already coded if used if its still not working check fuse #14 make sure it is not blown for the radio i will need the 14 digit serial # XXXXX the back of the radio to provide the radio code
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

This is, I believe, the radio info VWZ5Z7B5029712. The CCM is coded, but I believe wrong or for another car. I need to know what it should be coded, for my car. These can be recoded, right? My previous ccm was garbage and I couldn't get the coding off of it. The fuse is good, and most of my options are working but my drivers rear door is not operating at all. I wanted to make sure the coding was right before I dug into everything. Thanks for the help

Did the part #s match the same on the ccm from your older one ??
Ray radio code is 0372

positive feedback is highly appreciated thank you

Yes the part number was the same, but i ran into the coding problem with my airbag module. It was the same part number but coding was different. I bought a vag com from ross tech and should be able to recode it if necessary.

The comfort module if the part # XXXXX XXXXX same then its coded the same you had a issue with the airbag module because each module has a index # XXXXX are different the comfort modules are not like this . The radio code is listed above please dont forget to provide positive feedback thank you

Thanks for the info, as soon as I get the radio in, I will rate

no problem please dont forget we rely on it thank you
vwtech0405
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician