How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask vwtech0405 Your Own Question
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Category: VW
Satisfied Customers: 10692
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
Type Your VW Question Here...
vwtech0405 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Volkswagen Passat 2.0T: I am getting error codes P2004 and

This answer was rated:

I am getting error codes P2004 and P0642. Is this the intake Flap Motor? If so can you send me diagrams on how to perform the repair?
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Yes both of these are intake manifold motor faults there is a recall from vw for this issue call your local dealer and provide them your vin # XXXXX this should be covered under warranty . I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to provide positive feedback thank you !!!
vwtech0405 and other VW Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok great! One more question I have had a problem with the electronic park brake. I actually got stuck because the park brake would not disengage. I had a friend throw a VAG on it and got it released but it said the modules was bad. Can you tell me if there was a recall with anything concerning the park brake?

The parking brake modules are very common to fail but no recall for this they are located under the center console but will need to be coded after replacement also with a vag com .
vwtech0405 and other VW Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you send me a diagram of where it is so I can replace it?
Here you go please dont forget to provide me positive feedback thank you !!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have a part number? I have not found it online yet.
No I don't it all depends on your vin # XXXXX a couple different ones