Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Certified to fix all makes and models
3827149

Jetta 2.0t: recently the check engine appeared..p0011..oil pump

I have a 09 Jetta 2.0t, recently the check engine appeared with 2 codes. One that I can remember is p0011 and think the other was a0011. Long story, short, I just purchased this Jetta April 25 2012 and already had to replace the oil pump. Now Im told the motor has to be replaced. Im having a very difficult time getting this through my mind for a vehicle that only has 27,000 miles. HELP me understand!!!
You DO NOT need a motor you need to replace the cam timing oil valve.Located on the rear of the head by the timing cover.Number 24 in the picture.Its possible they damaged this when replacing the oil pump so make sure or they are liable.Heres the diagram.Its called cam shaft adjustment valve (N205) replace this valve and it will fix your problem.
graphic

These are the next steps.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would this part be easily changeable? Compared to the oil pump this only took above 3.5 hrs to replace.
Yes its not more then an hours labor.Hoped this helped.Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.