Hipo64
Hipo64, ASE Certified T
Experience:  17 years of hands on experiance.
41577536

I disable the alarm system and have the car..wont turn..neg

Can I disable the alarm system and have the car still turn on? If so how? I'm not a theif, the door locking mechanism broke (key won't turn inside it) and now the alarm blares forever on end until i remove the neg. battery cable. The air pressure lock and unlock system doesn't work either.

What do I do from here??? I would really just like to get the car to turn on. But how do I go about fixing the locking mechanism as well?

Thanks so much
-Derek

VWDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

VWDoc :

this can be done, but it will take some decent mechanical ability and electrical knowledge

VWDoc :

I can give a procedure if you're going to tackle this yourself

Customer:

Hey, So i have heard from my cousin that there is a mechanism in the back of the lock that triggers the "lock unlock system" and also triggers the alarm system. I need to manipulate that thing to get it to work? can you go more in detail?

Customer:

or is that pretty much it?

VWDoc :

I don't think the dealers sell the individual key tumbler parts any longer, but if so, all you would need to do is remove the handle assembly

VWDoc :

in order to rebuild the tumbler...this is a somewhat tricky little process

VWDoc :

but with the scarce parts availability, I'd like to post up the alarm bypass information for you if necessary

Customer:

alarm bypass would be nice

VWDoc :

Ok, first step is removing the headlamp switch and small triangular panel beside it

VWDoc :

then remove the left air vent

VWDoc :

once these are removed, here is the rest of the procedure

VWDoc :

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?al9yheoq108ki6w

Customer:

how do i remove the headlamp switch?

Customer:

i don't see small triangular panel

VWDoc :

headlamp switch, push knob inward, turn slightly clockwise, which releases the switch

VWDoc :

ok, maybe not triangular, but the little panel to the left of the headlamp switch. It just pops out

VWDoc :

then pull the air vent, and the alarm ecu and the rest of the procedure is detailed in the link I posted

VWDoc :

please let me know if you need further information regarding this procedure. If you're uncomfortable with the process at all, it might be best to have an experienced automotive electrical shop do the modification

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
he gave me a link but the pictures in the link and what i see in my car are differen't.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey, so i didn't see the rest of your reply there. but ya i have it apart and im looking at the box that they show in the link that you gave me... BUT i don't have the six pin connector with the two large gauge wires..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
never answered after two hours..

Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!

can i have your vehicle 17 digit serial # XXXXX to get a pic where you will have to connect the 2 wires together

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
VIN: 3VWCC21V92M803347
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How do i pull the alarm ecu down?? I don't see the same 6 pin connector as shown in the link..

please advice
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
How do I pull alarm ecu down?? I don't see the 6 pin connector as shown in the link given.

Im trying to bypass the alarm system on 2002 cabrio.

Please advise

it is a black case module. 2 connectors on it 1 6 pin and 1 12 pin

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I see the black box, and I have disconnected the 6 pin connector. Do i need to disconnect the 12 pin as well??

THE 6 PIN CONNECTOR:
WHICH WIRES DO I SPLICE TOGETheR??
THERE IS NOT TWO LARGE GAUGE WIRES AS PICTURED AT http://www.mediafire.com/view/?al9yheoq108ki6w
Yes that one too unhook

Getting diagram again

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks. all the wires on the 6 pin one are a small gauge .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need to bypass the alarm system The two connectors going to my black alarm box all have small gauge wires, and not two large wires or even that kind of connector as shown in the link givin to me by VWdoc

PLEASE HELP!

2002 VW cabrio

Hi and Welcome to Just Answer! My name isXXXXX will do my best to help you! Vehicle has immobilizer system. if does not start it cannot be by passed. I am sending you testing procedure for door lock system. I hope it will help you to find the problem and fix door locks. let me know if you need any more info.

graphicgraphic

the page on the bottom is the one that you start with. if you need diagram I can send it to you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey, I would really just like to bypass the alarm system but jumping two wires that connect to the alarm box (behind headlamp switch) I just don't know which to wires to jump. The picture in the link is differen't than what I have. I don't see any large gauge wires leading to my alarm box..

On this vehicle I do not think you can by- pass it. it is too complicated. You need proper scan tool. Ross-Tech scanner is the best. scan the car and just fix if it is a wire or a switch issue. i can help you with wiring.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

check this out.

Hipo64, ASE Certified T
Experience: 17 years of hands on experiance.