vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

2000 volkswagen jetta: fuse box..driver kick panel..somewhere..relays

2000 volswagen jetta vr6 how many fuse box does this vehicle has i see one by the driver kick panel, but i'm sure there another one somewhere to include the relays
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 5 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

There's the one on the led side of the dash then you have the one behind the left side steering column trim that can be see from the bottom of the steering column by removing the dash panel underneath then you have another fuse box above the battery . I hope this helps .

Please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i also have another question i've been doing some research and found that the battery dies overnight do you have any idea what will cause this and how to troubleshot the problem
You need to have a amp meter to see how many amps the draw is pulling overnight then you will need to open the drivers door and lock it manually and do this procedure. I hope this helps.

1. Attach a multimeter(set the dial on the multimeter to measure Amps as per multimeter's instructions) between the negative cable and the negative battery post. Wait a few seconds to several minutes for the car to go into sleep mode - i.e. when you make the contact with the ammeter, the cars computer systems "wake up". After a bit of time they will go back to "sleep".
  2. 4If the ammeter is reading over 25-50 milliamps, something is using too much battery power.
  3. 5Go to the fuse panel(s) and remove fuses, one at a time. Pull the main fuses (higher amp ratings)last. Perform the same steps for relays found in the fuse panel. Sometimes relay contacts can fail to release causing a drain. Be sure to observe the ammeter after pulling each fuse or relay.
  4. 6Watch for the ammeter to drop to acceptable drain. The fuse that reduces the drain is the draw. Consult the owners' manual or service manual to find what circuits are on that fuse.
  5. 7Check each device (circuit) on that fuse. Stop each lamp, heater, etc. to find the drain.

Please dont forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you !

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
can i get a diagram for the fuses and relays, all i see is symbols
Here you go

graphic

graphic

PLEASE DONT OFRGET TO CLICK ACCEPT FOR MY TIME AND KNOWLEDGE THANK YOU