VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have a 2001.5 VW Passat, the low beam headlights are

Customer Question
extremely dim, i cleaned the...
I have a 2001.5 VW Passat, the low beam headlights are extremely dim, i cleaned the lens and they are clear as they were brand new but the light are still so dim i can't see any light on the road at night unless i drive with the high beams on. i figured i might need to get a new wiring harness. what do you think?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: VW
3/13/2012
VW Mechanic: Martin, auto electrical replied 6 years ago
Martin, auto electrical
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am at your service to assist with your VW problems.
When you look at the light at night what color is the light? Look at the light beam from the side of the beam. If the light seems yellow then replace the globes as they do tend to go bad over a long time of use.
Regards,
Martin.
Did you have time to look at the light beam? My personal experience of this kind of fault is when the wiring is not supplying the correct amount of current then the light is totally yellow or not working at all.
Regards,
Martin.