VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

VW

2002 VW Beetle: the sunroof leak

Customer Question
How to fix the...
How to fix the sunroof leak on a 2002 VW Beetle
Any pictures on what the drain holes look like?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: VW
12/22/2011
VW Mechanic: Neal, VW Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Neal
Neal, VW Mechanic

Hello, my name isXXXXX will do my best to assist you. I don't know your automotive experience level, so I may have to ask questions of you before I can answer. I only know as much about your concern as you have stated in your post, so please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible. If I cannot help I will opt out and let another expert assist you.

Here is the procedure for cleaning the drains along with diagrams.

Cleaning Water Drain Hoses

Front water drain hoses

Front water drain hoses - 1 - run in A-pillars and end with water drain valve - 2 - in plenum chamber. Can be cleaned from sunroof cut-out

graphic

- 1 - Front water drain hoses
- 2 - Front water drain valve

NOTE: For cleaning, it is recommended that you create your own assisting tool out of a speedometer inner cable, approx. 1,500 mm (90.5 in.) long.

Rear water drain hoses
Rear water drain valves - 4 - are installed directly onto sliding/tilting sunroof water drains - 5 - and guided until roof edge under rear lid. Cleaning can be performed from rear end after removing cover - 3 -.

- 3 - Cover
- 4 - Water drain hose with valve
- 5 - Installation unit

NOTE: For cleaning, it is recommended to create an assisting tool, e.g. a probe made out of a speedometer inner cable, or similar.

Neal
Neal, VW Mechanic
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX give it a try.
You're welcome!!
Neal
Neal
Neal, VW Mechanic