VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I have had problems with lambda sensors since i had the car…

Customer Question
hi i have had problems...
hi i have had problems with lambda sensors since i had the car last year it had a second hand turbo and cat which got it through the emmissions test for mot, this year car failed on emmissions again so i have put on new lambdas which has cleared some fault codes but im still getting fault code 17522 &16517 also car is very jolty on accelleration any idea's? thanks jamie
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: VW
10/12/2011
VW Mechanic: Matt, Engineer replied 6 years ago
Matt, Engineer
Hello

17522 = Internal Resistance too high
16517 = O2 Sensor Circuit - Slow Response (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

these two together makes me think that the issue isn't the sensor but the sensor wiring or the connection

I'd suggest tracing the wiring back to the ECU and check for a corroded connection or damage to the insulation as if you've got high resistance on the lambda sensor signal this will offset the signal into the ECU and make it think its leaner or richer than it actually is
hi matt i will "get on it like a car bonnett" i'll start tracing the wire in bit and see where it gets me thanks for a speedy response
good luck

just get back to me on this post if you need more info

sorry not sure how this works do i pay now or when ive carried out your suggestion?

Hello

the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you press accept
at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please press accept.
If you don't press accept then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.

However you can keep asking questions on the same post as the process is supposed to a be a dialog with information going back and forth to solve the problem