VW Tech 1
VW Tech 1, VW Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, Master VW Factory Tech
25695808

Volkswagen Passat CC How do you change a remote battery for

How do you change a remote battery for 2009 CC?
Category: VW
Expert:  VW Tech 1 replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Remove the valet key from your remote. The chrome cap will snap to one side by pushing it (I believe left with remote facing you). Once it snaps then lift it off. You can now see the parting line for the key fob - pop them apart and you will find the battery.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If the light blinks with a red light when you try to open the door does that mean the bettery is shot?
Expert:  VW Tech 1 replied 6 years ago.
No - the light on the door panel indicates that the alarm is set. If it is the light on the remote - that means it is working and the battery is not dead.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could the car battery be dead if the doors won't open? Can I open the trunk from the outside of the car if I need to have a jump?
Expert:  VW Tech 1 replied 6 years ago.

Yes the car battery can be dead and no on the trunk. Remove your valet key and on the drivers door handle you can remove the cap where the lock cylinder would be. You can then unlock it using the valet key. The key is not a pry bar so use something else to pop the cap off.