vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

VW Phaeton: I think the wiper fuse has blown, but in the manual

VW Phaeton. I think the wiper fuse has blown, but in the manual and pictograms it only shows the wash pictogram! whicvh fuse do I look to replace. Many thanks
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!
What year is your phaeton ??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, but the info in the manual only indicates what appears to be the wash motor.
So if you could tell me which fuse and where - I can check without messing with the other fuses.
I left the wipers in intermittent mode overnight and frost/snow meant when I swithched it on, the wipers tried then stopped. I hope the motor is not blown, but first need to check the fuse.
I need to know what year the car is please?????
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
2004
Ok just looked up the info but the issue is that our repair manual does not the UK model phaeton but more then likely it is in the same location as ours here in the U.S. market . The wiper fuse is located in the fuse box under the hood by the wiper cowl. I recommend you check the fuses with a test light to see which one in bad but its located in this fuse box i hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you saying that as well as the fuse box in the drivers footwell and another in the trunk, there is a third fuse box?
Yes there is one under the hood under the wiper cowl thats where the wiper fuse is at. I hope this helps .

Does this help??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have looked but there is nothing obvious looking like a fuse box.
I have taken off the plastic cover to reveal the motor but no fuse box. As I look at the engine from the front of the car the lotor is on the left.
Are you looking under the wiper cowl its not where the engine is at its closer to the firewall under the wipers where the black plastic panels are at.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've just had a look and cannoty see anything resembling a fuse box.
It looks like I will have to visit the VW dealer. If you could forward a diagram/picture this would be appreciated. If not please let me know. please respond and I will then accept the answer so you will get paid.
Thanks
Sorry i dont have a picture with me since its sunday am not at the shop today , there is a cover on the black box you wont be able to see the fuses with out removing the fuse box cover. I hope this helps.