vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

Volkswagen Jetta GL my Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal

my Throttle Actuation Potentiometer Signal is reading Too Low. what is it and how do i fix it?
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 6 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

You will need to replace the throttle body after replacement you will need a Vw specific scan tool to reset the basic settings on the throttle body . I hope this helps .

Please don't forget to click accept for my time and knowledge thank you !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
could it possibly be a sensor? the car was not messing up until i killed the battery. when i left my lights on accidentally it killed the battery. and then it was messing up pretty bad and i replaced the battery to reset the ecm. that did not work. i also had the mass airflow sensor replaced a couple weeks ago. so could it possibly be a sensor?
Ok if this happened after the battery went low you need to reset the basic settings in the throttle body you need a be specific scan tool to be able to do this . The basic settings have been lost when the battery went low . I hope this helps . Please don't forget to click accept for my answer and advice this is the only way I get compensated thank you