VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

locked keys inside 2000 vw beetle, how do i get in now

Customer Question
?...
locked keys inside 2000 vw beetle, how do i get in now ?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
7/10/2010
VW Mechanic: joeyknows, Automotive counselor replied 8 years ago
joeyknows
joeyknows, Automotive counselor
Does the car have power door locks?
Yes it does
OK Bronco, this may work or it may not. If you go to You tube and search for tennis ball opens door lock you should find a "how to" for opening a car with power door locks.. Now I actually saw this...you take a tennis ball and drill or cut a small hole in it. Then you match the hole of the ball to the key lock on the door and hold it there firmly. Then with the palm of your other hand hit the ball hard enough to push the air inside the ball into the lock and thus putting pressure to get the lock mechanism inside the door to react and thus opening the door. I know I know it sounds strange but I did see it work. However I was just talking to another Expert and he said it wouldn't work. He may be right I don't know. But I think it's worth a try. Let me know if it works OK? Good luck Bronco. Joey