vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

No power to a/c clutch 1999 jetta gl

No power to a/c clutch 1999 jetta gl
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 7 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!
When you turn on the ac do the engine fans come on high??
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
They dont come on until you attach jumper wire then they come on. With just ac on they do not come on.
Ok the issue you have to look at is with the fans because the clutch will not come on if the fans are not working make sure the fuse box on top of the battery does not have an melted wires or fuses . If they are all ok then then your next step will be to check and see if you have power going to the fans more then likely you wont because you have a faulty fan control module located under the battery tray . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The fans come on during normal operation as the car does not run hot will the control module still be the problem I can also jump the wires on the low pressure switch and make the fans come on.
The only thing you are doing by jumping the low pressure switch is bypassing the module we know the fans are good and the clutch yes the module is still the issue.