VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

1998 Audi: cab conv...airbag light is on.

Customer Question
I just purchased a 1998...
I just purchased a 1998 Audi Cab conv. The airbag light is on. Is there a way to turn it off? The car will not pass inspection with it on. Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/29/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

The only way to turn this off with a scan tool that is capable of communication with the airbag control module to be able to reset the light . I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
What models of scan tools are compatible with this make and model and where can I purchase or rent one of these scan tools?
The only scan tool that will be compatible is called vag com sold by ross tech online it is a little pricey around $400. I hope this helps.