VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Passat: fuel pump..the veh for a recall on the ignition coils…

Customer Question
Danny, You helped with my 04...
Danny,

You helped with my 04 passat last year on changing the fuel pump and also recommending in taking in the veh for a recall on the ignition coils earlier this year.

New problem. After turning on the car...1-2 min after running, engine light starts to blink. When lifting the hood noticed that 1) There is an "air vacuum" sound coming from the back of the engine, to the left of the coolant reservoir...as if air is leaking. 2) Coolant "pink liquid" seems to be standing still in the reservoir...not running.

I've run the car twice and inspected with a flashlight to see if I could see a tear (also place my hand around the hoses to feel air), and I can't seem to find anything.

Any suggestions? - Thanks
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2010
VW Mechanic: Danny, VW Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Danny
Danny, VW Mechanic
I'd pay special attention to the hose that goes through to the battery tray and the brake booster, that's the one hose I can think of back there.

It would help if you could get me the fault code in memory. The autoparts store should have a scan tool you can use to get it for me. I need the fault code number.

Danny
Danny,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to retract the question as I had found the problem myself. It's a simple check valve that was broken. Already picked up the part and I'm in the process of removing those damn little clamps to replace the valve.

JustAnswer redirected my question to someone else yesterday but no one ever got back to me (a few hours) so I simply tried cancelling my question (updated the subject line). Thanks for the reply though...and wish me luck on those stupid clamps.

God Bless