VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2001 jetta: I just changed all the hoses..busted..straight back…

Customer Question
I just changed all the...
I just changed all the hoses on my 2001 jetta and the radiater is busted i think all the fluid just comes straight back out but the radiater isnt but maybe 3 years old
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/28/2010
VW Mechanic: David, VW Master Technician replied 8 years ago
David, VW Master Technician
If your water pump failed and caused the car to overheat it can build high pressure which can cause the radiator to fail. If you have not had your water pump replaced yet, I would recommend you replace the water pump and timing belt on this car.
we replaced the water pump three months ago
The next step would be to check and make sure the fans are coming on. Also make sure that the core support bolts did not come loose. you can grab the bottom of the radiator and see if it moves. We have seen a few were the lower bolts on the radiator core support come loose and allow the radiator to move too much. Then the next step would be after you replace the radiator and make sure the thermostat is working correctly. 3 years is a short time to have one fail. Was the radiator a factory replacement or an aftermarket?