VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

98 jetta: air conditioner keeps blowing the fuse..right one in it…

Customer Question
I have a 98 jetta...
I have a 98 jetta VR6, The air conditioner keeps blowing the fuse. what size fuse does this take. im not sure it has the right one in it?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/27/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Wich fuse exactly is it blowing?
it is the fuse that runs the air conditioning compressor. when it blows the engine cooling fan also shuts off.
Can you please give me the fuse # XXXXX location on the fuse box so i can look up the description of the fuse because at times some fuses run more then one component thanks

cant find any number. its under the hood by the water resevoir. there is a little fuse block that has two fuses and a big fuse. i keep blowing the left fuse.

Is it the 20 amp or 50 amp fuse?