VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I.e. power window buttons, gas cap release..work fine..unlock…

Customer Question
driver door power options do...
driver door power options do not work, i.e. power window buttons, gas cap release, trunk release, power locks buttons do not work. other doors work fine. Driver door also does not unlock with key FOB.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/26/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Very very common you will need to replace the drivers side door harness you have broken wires in the harness right by the door hinge where the rubber boot is that covers wires that travel from the body to the door you will need to pull back on the rubber boot and take a look at the wires you will at least have one broken wire. You will need to remove the outer door skin to remove the harness i hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
is there a simple solution that i can use until i get it fixed properly so i can get the driver's window up all the way so i can drive it in rain if need be?
What ever wires you find broken just touch them together to get the window back up .

vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician

Thank you VERY much. You were totally right. When i cut into the black rubber boot i foung large orange wire was cut (and a couple of others that were going to go very soon. Now I can drive to work on Monday without getting wet even if it rains which it is supposed to.

THANK YOU

Your welcome