VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

1998 Jetta: The fuel pump has voltage to it during start…

Customer Question
I have a 1998 Jetta...
I have a 1998 Jetta. The fuel pump has voltage to it during start. But no voltage in run. The fuel pump works when the engine is cranking. But stops pumping when you stop cranking the engine. Fuel pump relay is good. The car does not start. What are the possible causes.
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/26/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

If you have fuel to the rail then the fuel pump is good it will only get power when cranking.Have you checked spark yet coming out of the coil?

Thanks for the reply. I think I need to start troubleshooting from a broader approach. Is the timing belt turning the camshaft and so on. I will begin this reassessment later this week. Business out of town until Thursday.

Bob

Ok keep me posted thanks