VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2000 VW Jetta GLS: VR6..battery keeps..the steering column..clicking…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 VW...
I have a 2000 VW Jetta GLS VR6 The battery was bad and I replaced it. Now the battery keeps losing it's charge. I did notice a light on last night,went to check it out, when I opened the door it went out, but a noise from the steering column was clicking like a bomb.
The light came back on. It's out now, but probably the battery has no more juice...

Help - I've only owned the car for two weeks...
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/25/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Can you please tell me what the light looks like??
I believe it's the passenger side map light. It is still clicking.
Ok more the likely the noise you are hearing behing the steering column is the comfort control module . Have you checked fuses yet??
I have not checked fuses, not sure where they are...
by checking fuses located on the drivers side of the dash open the drivers door to see the fuse box panel
I found the fuses, two of them appear to be blown, waiting for my wife to get home to get replacements and charge the battery...
Ok let me know the results please
Okay,I've checked the fuses, had two burnt out. They've been replaced. Jumped the car and waiting for the battery to recharge...
OK
Took it back to Les Schwab, had the battery checked again. Still good, just not holding the charge. Told me it must be the alternator,have to wait until Wednesday for car shop...
ok