vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Experience:  VW Master Technician VW Certified
22815973

VW: Replaced crank sensor..convertable..Battery light..oil light

Customer Question

Replaced crank sensor on VW 2003 New Beetle Convertable and now the car has started and runs, however, now the Battery light is on, followed by oil light coming on the first time accelerated and then it started beeping....please advise!
Category: VW
Expert:  vwtech0405 replied 8 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Have you checked your fuses yet even the ones on top of the battery fuse box??
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No...kind of at a loss without alot of knowledge,but good intentions and really broken at this time trying to hold on to my job ater just being out of work with an unusual case of pneumonia and little funds for car repairs and desparate for least expensive way to get myself back and forth to work until i can afford routine maintenance--till now my car has been very reliable!! Any advice very appreciated.
Ok the first thing you will need to do is check fuses located on the drivers side of the dash and the top side of the battery there is a fuse box there i think you may have a blown fuse since both lights are on you need to get this issue first also make you have oil in the engine and also charging voltage from the alternator to the battery because you will not make it to work if its more then a fuse. I hope this helps.

Please dont forget to click accept for my time and knowledge this is the only way i get compensated for my time !