VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

Jump..the clutch is slipping when the RPMs hit +/- 2000

Customer Question
My car is starting to...
My car is starting to periodically jump when I'm at highway speed. Additionally, when I am doing city driving, it feels as though the clutch is slipping when the RPMs hit +/- 2000. The clutch and transmission seem fine but there is a slight noise that sounds a bit like something is grinding. Is this a sign of my clutch plate going out? If not, what can it be?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/21/2010
VW Mechanic: Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
How many miles on the vehicle?
89800
Ok it can very well be the beginning of the clutch plate starting to fail .I would have this checked next.It will cause these symptoms you are having.So this needs to be checked next.If it needs repalce ment make sure you repalce the clutch ,pressure plate and bearing.

Hoped this helped.

Positive feedback and bonuses greatly appreciated.