VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2001 Jetta: accelerating...idle speed..car starts..check engine light…

Customer Question
i have a 2001 Jetta...
i have a 2001 Jetta 2.0 and the car looses power when accelerating.. .after accelerating the idle speed drops and the car starts shaking.. .the check engine light is on and then when i press the gas the light starts flashing.. .mechanic checked the code and it showed the catylitic converter. . .i changed it then went to the smog check and it failed because of a fault in the "bank one". ..im thinking theres a problem with one of the cylinders. . .whachya think?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/21/2010
VW Mechanic: Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 years ago
Cardoctor74
Cardoctor74, ASE Certified Technician
Ok what's the number for the fault code it will be a p0420 type code ?