VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

2006 Jetta: drivers side window..controls..windows, trunk, and gas cap…

Customer Question
Have a 2006 Jetta. about...
Have a 2006 Jetta. about a week ago drivers side window stopped working. Over the past two days, none of the controls on drivers side work, windows, trunk, and gas cap. Also key locks and unlocks intermittantly. 47,000mi. also door ajar light stays on and beeps and interior lights stay on.
thanx
d
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/21/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Very Very common you have broken wires on the divers side door harness if you open the divers side door and pull back the rubber grommet and take a close look a the wires for that go into the door you will need to pull back on the rubber grommet that covers the wires to be able to see the broken wires. You will need to replace the harness wich requires removing the outer door skin. I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Thank you.. sounds simple enough. How much is the repair?
The harness is about $130 and if you pay for the repair is about $190 in labor
Thanks very much!
Your welcome positive feedback and bonuses are greatly appreciated have a great night!