VW

Have Volkswagen Questions? Ask an Expert Now.

I HAVE ENGINE LIGTH PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS & NO MECHANIC…

Customer Question
I HAVE ENGINE...
I HAVE ENGINE LIGTH PROBLEM FOR THE LAST 2 YEARS & NO MECHANIC HAS FIND THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP T B
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: VW
6/20/2010
VW Mechanic: vwtech0405, VW Technician replied 8 years ago
vwtech0405
vwtech0405, VW Technician
Welcome to Just Answer!!!

Can you please tell what fault # XXXXX have and i will be able to help you out . If you dont have a scan tool your local auto parts store can scan it for you and provide you the codes thanks!

p1361

p0411

p0303

What has been done for these faults?
what more information do you need
What has been done for these faults?
Yes, they replace some hole. They replace one coil and i got a tune up.
Ok the fault # XXXXX is for a secondary air incorrect flow wich it can be several different things you will need to have them check the vacuum hose that goes to the comni valve located on the drivers side of the cylinder head make sure that hose is not broken also make sure your secondary air pump is working if it does not work it will also trigger the fault. Now on the other issues with the 2 other faults they are both related to cylinder #3 have them check the ground for the ignition coil and we have had a lot of issues where the harness for the coils will start to break and the wires will actually break right where they are ran along the valve cover. I hope this helps.

Please do not forget to click the accept button as this is the only way I get compensated for my time and knowledge!
Does this help??
yes it does. I also have another question to ask that might be related to transmission. What it does is i have to push on a lot of gas for it to jump up to 3rd gear. They said it might need the speed sensor or the computer. How true is this to you?
It all depends but it could be a speed sensor in the transmission or the computer but you will also have to check the faults in the transmission control module for this then you will need to do a clutch pressure test in the transmissions to make sure the trans is still ok. I hope all this info i have provided you on ALL the questions you have asked me has helped you .Please dont forget to click ACCEPT for my help thanks!